Command Line and dvbviewer Recording services

Begonnen von vinz2611, September 30, 2013, 19:28:14

« vorheriges - nächstes »

vinz2611

Hi All,

I have a hopefully smal problem: After the dvbviewer recording services has completed a recording I want to add an job that the tsdoctor runs a autocheck or autofix. Normally no problem - small batch job and go.
Alas the tsDoctor appears in the task list - the dvbviewer timer lis also lists the job, tsdoctor takes a lot of memory (~1.7GB) but nothing happens. 50% CPU load - one kernel on maximum. No GUI and no files will be generated. The timer task for the dvbviewer only end if you kill the tsdoctor task in the taks manager.
Any ideas?

Thanks & Greetings vinz

P.S.: All the way - TsDoctor is an excellent program! Thanks a lot for the good job!

Djfe

Give us a little bit more informations about your system, pls ;)
OS, CPU, RAM, Graphic Card
Where does DVBViewer save your records? (NAS, internal storage, external storage(USB))

vinz2611

Hi,

sorry of course: Windows 7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel CoreDuo 1.6Ghz, 4GB Ram, MSI 945 Spedster Mainboar without further graphic card
The DVBviewer recording service saves on a directly mounted Synology NAS. Windows itself is installed on a SSD drive.

That's all the magic- very plain, nothing really brethtaking. Recording via Digital Devices Quad Tuner and Octopus Dual CI on KDG.

Greetings vinz

Cypheros

TS-Doctor is a GUI application and need a desktop to start. If you are not logged in, the recording service is running, as it's a system service and need no Gui, but that's not the case for TS-Doctor.

Mam

Zitat von: Cypheros am September 30, 2013, 21:26:44
... If you are not logged in...

Small correction:
From Windows 7 on, Microsoft deleted the possibility for a service to interact with a desktop. Although there is still a flag "SERVICE_INTERACTIVE_PROCESS" in the service configuration command, it is deprecated and the only thing it does on a 64bit os is to write a warning into the eventlog meaning that a misconfigured service has just been started.
So therefor, even if you would be logged in at the time the command is run, NOTHING would happen anymore.

In Vista there was still a chance to ship around it with the "psexec" command, but this has been canceled also from W7 on.
So there is no real way (yet) for you to open a desktop where TS Doc can be started on, sorry.

(the brackened "yet" is meant for the big programmer here. He COULD add code for determining the current desktop on startup and in case there is none, he COULD create one for his own. Note the bold COULD phrases, this is really a painful work and usually not worth the effort. Mostly debugging this part is a real pain in the ass, and maybe his programming enviroment even does not allow him access to the needed windows internal functions. They run on a very different level than the one he is used to work on.)

Also, there is a registry entry to turn back on the old behaviour even on W7 and onwards, but I strongly discourage its usage because its a security risk you add to the system

vinz2611

Thanks a lot for all the answers.  So obviously I must try out alternative solutions. Thx, vinz

Mam

Zitat von: vinz2611 am Oktober 01, 2013, 18:05:26
Thanks a lot for all the answers.  So obviously I must try out alternative solutions. Thx, vinz

Aaah before I forget to meantion it:

The same restrictions apply to the recording service himself. Read the notes about usable plugins for recording service. No Plugin that opens a window does work with the recording service. Thats why you have to use standalone servers and proxyplugins for special purposes, like Vplug_server+Hadu instead of simple Vplug himself.

So I am afraid your range of solutions will be very limited. But if you find one, please inform us how it works, we always love to improve  ;D

Hominidae

...this "problem" has been discussed and fixed in the past.
I definitely recall using TSDoctor from my recording software as postprocessing command though its command-line.

Edit: see: http://forum.cypheros.de/index.php?topic=1401.msg7162#msg7162

At first I saw the described behaviour but after that a version was able to run...haven't looked back since but now the problem is back with my new HW-setup now, although same OS and recording SW.

www.cypheros.de