Can't get seeking working with LAV Splitter

Begonnen von DragonQ, März 27, 2012, 01:24:03

« vorheriges - nächstes »

DragonQ

Hi again,

I can't seem to get seeking working with LAV Splitter. If I have the following setup, where MPEG Splitter is set to "merit" and LAV Splitter is used, then I can play a file fine but any seeking at all crashes TS-Doctor ("TS-Doctor has stopped responding..." typical vague message):

If I have this setup, where the MPEG Splitter is set to "automatic" and Haali Splitter is used, I can seek fine:

Why would I want to use LAV Splitter, you may ask? Well if I use the Haali splitter, LATM AAC audio doesn't work in the preview window, which makes it really hard to cut Freeview HD (UK) files, which all use LATM AAC audio. I have uploaded a short sample of a file with such audio if it helps:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3k5dtd2mnhncgq1

Cypheros

Hi,

thanks for the sample. Next Beta version 1.2.7 will have working LAV Splitter support.

DragonQ

No problem. I'll test the 1.2.7 beta when it's released and let you know if I have any problems!

Cypheros

DragonQ

Great, seems to work fine with no crashes (using LAV 0.50).

The only issue I can see is that my 1440x1080i/25 file is showing as 4:3 instead of 16:9. I've tried having "Use Stream Aspect Ratio" ticked and unticked in LAV Video Configuration but it makes no difference.

When I play the same file in MPC-HC with LAV Splitter + LAV Video, it displays 16:9 correctly (no matter if "Use Stream Aspect Ratio" is ticked or not).

DragonQ

Ooh, another thing I've noticed is that cutting doesn't seem to be frame-accurate. With Haali Splitter, it appears to cut at the exact frame requested but with LAV Splitter, it seems to go to the next available key frame (even if "Prefer cutting before cut out point" is ticked).

DragonQ

The above problems still exist with 1.2.8 Beta. :(

All the seek buttons are also very dodgy in this version with LAV Splitter (0.50.1) - sometimes they work as intended but take a few clicks before they start working, other times they do nothing no matter how many times you press them, other times they'll go crazy and start jumping back and forwards many frames at a time. :s

It also refuses to play when I'm near the end of a video (last few seconds).

Cypheros

You are right, jumps are tricky with the LAVSplitter. I don't know why the video stucks sometimes. If you use the play button, it will work again for some time.
With the HaaliSplitter I have no problems with the jumps. I guess the LAVSplitter is intended to work for playback but not for video editing.

www.cypheros.de