Cypheros Multimedia Forum

English-speaking Support => TS-Doctor 1.2 => Thema gestartet von: Hominidae am Juli 21, 2012, 20:20:12

Titel: Feature Request: automagic stripping of "named" audio stream
Beitrag von: Hominidae am Juli 21, 2012, 20:20:12
Hi,

although being a German user, I am posting this in the English subforum.
I am receiving (and recording) the UK freesat channels via DVB-S on 28.2E.
The .ts always contains an audio stream, which shows as "NAR" in TS-Doctor.
This stream contains the narrated audio for the visually impaired.

I'd like to propose the feature to be able to automatically strip this from the fixed .ts like with teletext or subtitles.
Best would be to have a feature where user can specify the name(s) of the stream(s) to be stripped.
Titel: Re: Feature Request: automagic stripping of "named" audio stream
Beitrag von: Cypheros am Juli 21, 2012, 23:25:30
OK, it's an the wish list.  ;D
Titel: Re: Feature Request: automagic stripping of "named" audio stream
Beitrag von: Hominidae am Juli 21, 2012, 23:44:12
Zitat von: Cypheros am Juli 21, 2012, 23:25:30
OK, it's an the wish list.  ;D

...now waiting for X-mas eve  :)
Titel: Re: Feature Request: automagic stripping of "named" audio stream
Beitrag von: Hominidae am Juli 23, 2012, 09:31:42
...forgot to say...I can provide some sample recordings if need be, of course...just drop me a note
Titel: Re: Feature Request: automagic stripping of "named" audio stream
Beitrag von: Cypheros am Juli 24, 2012, 00:13:42
Thanks for the offer but I have access to Astra 28.2E channels. But I don't have much time to watch TV, especially on that satellite. Just tell me the channel names and I'll try to create my own samples.
Titel: Re: Feature Request: automagic stripping of "named" audio stream
Beitrag von: Hominidae am Juli 24, 2012, 09:02:40
OK, here's a short list, all FTA:

Film 4
IVT1 HD
ITV2 ... ITV4
BBC1 England
BBC2 London
BBC THREE
BBC Four
Channel 4 / Channel 4 HD

...I just checked some recordings for each channel above with TS-Doctor 1.2.34...the audio stream is always presented as "nar" (lowercase)
note: I do not record shows, only movies so I cannot tell if that stream is always present