TS-Doctor : How make automatic and help function "Check for updates" work ?

Begonnen von hvda, Februar 02, 2011, 10:45:51

« vorheriges - nächstes »

hvda

TS-Doctor : How to make automatic "Checking for updates" and Help > "Check for Update" function work ?

(1) Although I have in my TS Doctor Settings - Preferences - Tab General the checkbox "Checking for updates" checked, TS Doctor never warned me that new updates were available.
The initial version I installed was version 1.0.75. The updates v.1.0.83 and recently v.1.0.89 that became available on web-site http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor_e.html were never picked up by my TS Doctor.
(2) Also, in both cases (= new versions v.1.0.83 and v.1.0.89 available on http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor_e.html and a previous version installed on my PC) clicking the Help function "Check for updates" resulted in an messagebox with "No update available" message.

According to FAQ, TS Doctor should try to connect to server www.cypheros.de when the program starts.
I have the impression that my TS Doctor (english version) never makes a connection to a server on the internet :
- not when starting (I also tried with both checkboxes "Checking for updates" and "Checking for Beta updates" checked in Settings > Preferences > General);
- not when clicking the Help function "Check for updates".
I controlled this by making a network TCP/IP packet capture (with Wireshark program) of outgoing and incoming network traffic at the LAN interface of the PC with TS Doctor installed : there is NO network traffic, neither when I start TS Doctor nor when I click "Check for updates".
(I checked my method with a DOS command "nslookup www.cypheros.de", that yields all the normal and correct packet exchanges of a DNS request).

I am not aware of any special settings in my PC (Vista Home Premium) or my Router that should inhibit TS Doctor of making a connection to the internet and other programs are regularly and happily reporting "New version available"...

So : what should I do to make TS Doctor version update work (both automatic and manual via Help "Check for updates") ?

Thanks in advance for suggestion.

Cypheros

Hi,

update check has a bug in the english version. This issue will be fixed in the next release.

hvda

Zitat von: Cypheros am Februar 03, 2011, 21:39:16
Hi,

update check has a bug in the english version. This issue will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,
Thread can be closed.

www.cypheros.de