PES length on video stream warning

Begonnen von Jaan, Mai 31, 2014, 21:02:48

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jaan

After updating the software for my H264 video capture device, TS Doctor now gives me the following warning message on all new files: "PES length on video stream detected. This can be problematic! Patch PES length on video stream to a save value?" with a yes/no choice. First, am I correct to think "save value" is a typo and "safe value" was intended? I would like to understand how the PES length can be problematic, and what the implications of one choice or the other might be. Is this subject discussed somewhere?

Derrick

To indicate the length of a PES packet only 16 bits are available. Normally video_pes_packets are longer. That's why the default length is 0.

from ISO 13818-1:

ZitatPES_packet_length – A 16-bit field specifying the number of bytes in the PES packet following the last byte of the
field. A value of 0 indicates that the PES packet length is neither specified nor bounded and is allowed only in
PES packets whose payload consists of bytes from a video elementary stream contained in Transport Stream packets.

If the length of a video_pes_packet has defined length other than 0, it is suspicious ;)

Jaan

Thanks Derrick. So am I correct to infer that answering "yes" to the dialog box will set the value to zero, which should never be a problem?

Djfe

Zitat von: Jaan am Mai 31, 2014, 21:02:48
First, am I correct to think "save value" is a typo and "safe value" was intended?
yep, that's a typo ;D -> it should be "safe value"

I think patching the value doesn't do any harm, rather to the contrary
so just click yes and fix your recordings ;)

Jaan

Safe, like a Folksvagen, right?  ;)  Thanks for the fast and helpful replies!

www.cypheros.de