DVB subtitles in MPC-HC

Begonnen von lelas, November 24, 2013, 02:58:38

« vorheriges - nächstes »

lelas

After cleaning in TS-Doctor, DVB subtitles (French hearing impaired) do not show up anymore in Media Player Classic Home Cinema (stable version 1.7.0) as it is the case with the raw file. It is a DVB-T record.

I have emailed a short raw cut to support(at)cypheros.de

Mam

Make sure that you dont have "no subtitles" accidentally turned on in your Doc's settings.
This would filter out any stream containing subs in the output file.
Also (for a strange reason, that the author once tried to explain to me, but failed miserably, so I wont repeat it here), the DVB Sub are mystically coupled a bit to the "teletext processing", this must be enabled too, even if you dont want those subs.

Try turning on "Teletext processing" and turning off "no Subtitles" and rerun your input file through the doctor

You can also check the main window of the doctor before you click "create new file...", the stream containing the dvb subs must not be x-ed out.

lelas

Mam, the settings for Teletext and Subtitle are OK in TS-Doctor, and processed files show usually the subtitles in MP-HC, but for some files, it is not the case. Futhermore, according to Mediainfo, the subtitles are still there in these problematic files after processing in TS-Doctor.
Attn. Cypheros support, as the attachment (23 Mega Bytes) is too big for my email provider, do you have a ftp host to upload it ?

Djfe

you can upload such attachments together with your post in this forum
look at the menu directly below the editor ;-)

lelas

Djfe, you are right but there are restrictions:
- Allowed file types: gif, jpg, pdf, png, txt, log, zip, srt, log, db
- Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 1000KB, maximum individual size 800KB

so no ts files

Djfe

actually, I haven't read 23 mega bytes :)
and .ts isn't supported, yes

yes, Cypheros has a ftp-server for sample files
maybe he writes you a pm with the login information ;)

parru

I just also notised same thing, after cutting and cleaning with TS-Doctor MPC-HC doesn't show DVB-subtitles and VLC doesn't even play file.
SubtitleEdit (www.nikse.dk) does find DVB-subtitles but subtitles are around 23 or so sec too early.
This doesn't happen with every recording. 3 recordings from same channel, 1 has correct subtitles after cut/clean and 2 has bad subtitles. All setting are same.
This is only small nuisance, just need to adjust timing (for srt-subtitles) at the SubtitleEdit.
Sending logs/samples later when I have more time.
DVB-C, Elisa Cable-TV, Finland.

Cypheros

Could you post the TS-Doctor log of such a problem file?

parru

Here you go http://www.parru.net/tsdoc-logs.7z

Cypheros

Try new version 1.2.114, problem sould be fixed.

parru

Yes, it seems...
Now the VLC will play file and show subtitles after cut/cleaning but the MPC-HC still wont show subtitles.
MPC-HC is using LAV filters (splitter, etc). Cant use Haali splitter, it has some problem or smt cause it doesn't list any subtitles for any .TS files I have.
After some RAW-cut test I did find that there is different effect where I cut original TS-file before cleaning. Sometimes subtitles doesn't show, sometimes subtitles show but too early and once I even got proper subtitles. Test was done only with the MPC-HC.
I have raw-cut clip that makes MPC not to show subtitles after cleaning, I can send link for it on email mentioned in 1st post if you want to try/tinker with it.

Cypheros

A sample would be fine to analyse the problem.

Cypheros

Thanks for the sample. The problem is the PTS delay of 17922ms.
Some broadcasters ignoring the PTS values of subtitles and teletext, so TS-Doctor thinks the PTS values are wrong and tries to correct them. But in this case the PTS values are correct. This leads to the subtitle problem.

Next Beta 1.2.115 will accept PTS delays up to 30 seconds for subtitles without trying to correct the PTSs.

parru

Np, pleasure to help.
Waiting for next beta.

lelas

Cypheros, I have done a try with TSD beta 1.2.122 on the sample I send you in the past. The subtitle for impaired is now back in MPC_HC.
Thanks also to parru to bring back the problem.

Best regards

www.cypheros.de