Wish list

Begonnen von Xmonster, Januar 06, 2014, 20:05:17

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Xmonster

Sorry, my German is very poor, maybe this topic exists at different name...

The program is very good... 8)

In the last versions the Open dialog's close button is disabled. I use it frequently in other application so it is somewhat annoying to me.
I run the program on my old laptop, loading a video is very slow. Sometimes I want to save more portions of the video to more files, but the first save is closing it, I have to reload it (1-2 minutes).
If I loaded a file and inadvertently press the Open, the program straight closes the video before selecting a new one.
There would be a quick reopen last video (without recheck) with retaining the previous data.

Djfe

Zitat von: Xmonster am Januar 06, 2014, 20:05:17
Sorry, my German is very poor, maybe this topic exists at different name...
maybe you didn't know it but there is an english section in this forum ;)

In the last versions the Open dialog's close button is disabled. I use it frequently in other application so it is somewhat annoying to me.
found that bug a few weeks ago, Cypheros said he never realised that because pretty much nobody uses it ;D
the button probably never worked and was just optical
and he wanted to disable it in future versions as you can press cancel instead

I run the program on my old laptop, loading a video is very slow. Sometimes I want to save more portions of the video to more files, but the first save is closing it, I have to reload it (1-2 minutes).
In the cutting window is a button with the numbers 1 2 and 3 on it
this way you can divide your recording into several files
you just assign the intersections to different video files
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]
after that you simply need to press ok 2 times I think to get back to the main menu then you save the files
and tsd asks you to choose a folder to save the all videos into
If I loaded a file and inadvertently press the Open, the program straight closes the video before selecting a new one.
There would be a quick reopen last video (without recheck) with retaining the previous data.

Xmonster

Thank You for the answer... :)
The program has much more features than I expected.
I discovered the topics and found the English part. Yesterday I thought the upper right language selection button would navigate to the right section, but it did not work... ::)

Djfe

Zitat von: Xmonster am Januar 08, 2014, 01:02:38
Yesterday I thought the upper right language selection button would navigate to the right section, but it did not work... ::)
well, that's only the language selection for the forum software ;D

Xmonster

Thanks for moving the topic to the right section... :)

The method to save to multiple files is perfectly working with small SD files.
I tried it on a 8 GB HD video, the second file not created. I cut 2 pieces (1.7 GB each) and renamed the outputs to a.ts and b.ts.
When I saved, the conversion time doubled. At the half point the a.ts closed, but the b.ts not created, the conversion continued without writing.
I can repeat it many times...I checked, the video has no errors.

If I loaded a file and inadvertently press the Open, the program straight closes the video before selecting a new one. If I press Cancel, there is no file loaded.
If there was a File/Close item (like in other programs), many of my problems would solved: esasy save to multiple files and inadvertent close. The automatic close is needed when I really selected a new file.

If there is a possibility to enable all of the dialogs's form close. I would be very glad...I used it in the earlier versions. I have not found any other program it is disabled, I am using it. It is only a decision and I don't understand how it disturbs anyone.

I am using the LAV filters and decoders (it accepts the HE-AAC format). When I cut, the preview shows the previous position's image. The cutting window's thumbnails ate also somewhat random images. Maybe it is the LAV filter's fault? I remember, earlier it was good.
There is a solution for this: if I play the video while step or jump, the preview image is good.

The progress bar at saving sometimes not correctly shows the value. If I cut a big HD file (8-10GB) and the beginning cutting point is near the end of file, the progress bar will go to 50% or less. The output file is correct.

Cypheros

What version of TS-Doctor you are using?
Can you tell me what channel the recordings are from and what country?

Could you post the log of your failed cutting experiment (a.ts, b.ts)?

Xmonster

Zitat von: Cypheros am Januar 09, 2014, 09:15:04
What version of TS-Doctor you are using?
Can you tell me what channel the recordings are from and what country?

Could you post the log of your failed cutting experiment (a.ts, b.ts)?

I am always using the latest beta, but it was the 107.
The streams are from the Hungarian DVB-T and DVB-S/S2 broadcasting.
I record with the DVBViewer Pro and often save the all night video (20-40GB) and want to save into smaller pieces.
I turned off the normal log and because there was no error (everything was OK except there was no output), no logs created. Now I have not such a video, I will try it later again and turn on the log.

I modified my previous post, among others if there was Close menu item instead of automatic close after save, many problems could be avoided.

Jaan

First, I'd like to say I've found TS Doctor to be a fine piece of software -- very helpful. I find the tools for handling TS files to be so good that I wish I had a good tool to convert MP4 files (AVC AAC) to TS format for manipulation with TS Doctor. (The ability to to turn DVD VOB files into valid MPEG2 TS files would also be handy.

Cypheros, would you consider providing an add-on tool of this sort? Or are there any good existing tools you would recommend? (I have tried ffmpeg, but the result seems to be very flawed.)

Thanks again for this great tool,
Jaan

Cypheros

Yes, new remuxer is planned.

www.cypheros.de