Blind video

Begonnen von neutrino, Juli 05, 2013, 17:46:43

« vorheriges - nächstes »

neutrino

I have formatted the HD of my Notebook on which I have installed Windows 8 Prof 64bit.
After that  I have installed  ffdshow_rev4500_20130106_x64 before to install TS-DOCTOR 1.2.82.
I checked that the preferences of TS_DOCTOR were the same of those of another installation on the desktop with Windows 7 64bit OS.
I tried to open a same video file on the Notebook and on the desktop, but on the Notebook I have only the audio without  the video, while on the desktop it works all properly.
Where do you think the problem is?

Best regards

Cypheros

TS-Doctor is a 32 bit application and needs ffdshow_x86.

I would recommend to uninstall ffdshow and install LAVFilters. It's nearly the same, with the same roots but it's better implemented. Additionally the current version comes with x86 and x64 support. Just look in the TS-Doctor menu under Settings/Options/Supported Tools and you will find an easy way to download and install the free LAVFilters.

Corrected: x86  ;D

Mam

Zitat von: Cypheros am Juli 05, 2013, 20:33:09
and needs ffdshow_x84.

Oh, I thought it would have been ffdshow_x66 ???

neutrino

I have made as prompt from the administrator, but without success. I have also installed a 32bit version of ffdshow, also that without success.
I would point out that the version well working, is installed on a desktop with Windows 7 64bit with ffdshow. I would suppose an incompatibility between TS_DOCTOR and Windows 8.

Mam

Zitat von: neutrino am Juli 06, 2013, 17:58:54
I would suppose an incompatibility between TS_DOCTOR and Windows 8.

No, I've just installed a new machine yesterday with Windows 8 now, and the TSD is running fine (even will all M$ crap deinstalled!).
Not even installed ffdshow, only the LAV Filters were needed.

So there must be an incompatibility with YOUR PC and Windows 8

But I'm not sure if the crippled version of W8 also is shipped with all the needed part. I've got the -PRO one and all works fine.

Cypheros

TS-Doctor is fully compatible to Windows 8.

Under Settings/Preferences/Preview you will find a button "Show DirectX Log". This will show a log of the DirectX graph building process. Please post this log, maybe it will show where the problem is.

If you have a ATI/AMD graphic card, it's a good idea to change the default video render to "Enhanced Video Renderer" on in the preview settings (Settings/Preferences/Preview).

neutrino

Here attached the log file as requested.

Cypheros

That's the problem in the log:

22.17.19.259: Failed to set video window owner
22.17.19.279: Failed to set video window style
22.17.19.300: Failed to set video windows positio
n

But why?

Do you have more than one screen?

neutrino

First of all, I have one screen because the installation is made on a Notebook.
I beleived a positive answer from the developers of the software.

Cypheros

I'm the developer of the software but I have no idea why TS-Doctor has no access to the video window. That's a strange behaviour. Do you have other video software like "Mediaplayer Classic HC" or VLC player installed? Are they working OK?

Can you tell me the manufaturer and the model of the graphic card? Are the video drivers UpToDate?

neutrino

The notebook on which TS-DOCTOR is not working properly is an ACER Aspire 6930 with graphic card GeForce 9600M GT.
As suggested I installed the latest version of VLC which works correctly.
When I installed from zero Windows 8, I let the operating system choose by itself  all the drivers, and checking that at the end no question marks appeared on any devices.
I then installed TS-DOCTOR experiencing the highlighted error.
Recently I also made another unsuccessful attempt. I downloaded the drivers for the graphic card from the site ACER. But they are still at Windows 7 64bit.
I do not really know what else to think.

Cypheros

Windows 8 has not all codecs you need (Microsoft tries to save money). If you use Windows 8, make sure that you also install the free "LAVFilters" from the TS-Doctor menu under Settings/Preferences/Supported Tools.

Don't try to install Windows 7 drivers under Windows 8.

neutrino

At last I have partially solved the initial problem.

After I installed the NVIDIA driver of the graphic card of my Notebook in place of the Microsoft driver, TS-DCTOR has finally worked correctly but marking the following bug:
in the "Cutting/Preview" window, the video appears in a smallest window of the available area, Why?
Is it always necessary to install before ffdshow?

Cypheros

Try to use LAVFilters instead of ffdshow.

neutrino

I have already deleted ffdshow before, and installed LAV Filters.

www.cypheros.de