Running as scheduled task

Begonnen von jeffski10, Mai 19, 2012, 12:04:19

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Reddwarf

Zitat von: Cypheros am Juni 12, 2012, 17:07:19
Sorry, the timing.info is only a table of PTS values and positions. The TS-Doctor doen't need them to work because the TS-Doctor already extracts and fixes this values.

The .xml files it's just a short info about the recording (channel, time, etc.) but maybe I can use this informations to create an additional info file and combine this data with the findings in the stream.

Next beta release should be ready at the end of this week.
Yes the timing.info is intended for missing/inaccurate PTS values. Looking forward to test the next pre  :)

Reddwarf

BTW: Did you manage to recreate the problem with TSDoctor not quitting when run in batch mode?

Cypheros

No, not with the current version 1.2.29 but I could not test it with a service as host, only in a userspace environment as batch.

Reddwarf

Zitat von: Cypheros am Juni 13, 2012, 12:43:20
No, not with the current version 1.2.29 but I could not test it with a service as host, only in a userspace environment as batch.
That would probably be a bit different, as services run as local system account, and if the problem somehow is connected to permissions you would not see it running as an ordinary user.

Hominidae

Zitat von: Reddwarf am Juni 13, 2012, 12:50:32
That would probably be a bit different, as services run as local system account, and if the problem somehow is connected to permissions you would not see it running as an ordinary user.
I am suffering from the same problem, as reported in the german section of the forum.
My setup involves using ForTheRecord (http://www.4therecord.eu) as a recording service on a win7_64-HomePremium install.
These services are set-up to run under real-user credentials. The same user TS-Doctor has been installed with.

Reddwarf

Zitat von: Hominidae am Juni 13, 2012, 22:02:07
Zitat von: Reddwarf am Juni 13, 2012, 12:50:32
I am suffering from the same problem, as reported in the german section of the forum.
My setup involves using ForTheRecord (http://www.4therecord.eu) as a recording service on a win7_64-HomePremium install.
These services are set-up to run under real-user credentials. The same user TS-Doctor has been installed with.
I just tried running the service as my regular user, same thing happened.

Cypheros

Reddwarf

Came to think of one thing and did some more testing. .29 actually works but the service that calls the batch that again calls TSDoctor MUST be allowed to interact with the desktop!

Cypheros

Yes thats right. The TS-Doctor is a GUI application and needs a desktop to create it's windows.
I guess you changed the access rights?   

Reddwarf

Zitat von: Cypheros am Juni 16, 2012, 00:28:36
Yes thats right. The TS-Doctor is a GUI application and needs a desktop to create it's windows.
I guess you changed the access rights?
At the moment the service is running as my own user, have not tried to let it run as local system yet, the system has been too busy doing recordings to do any more testing. I'll let you know when I have done more testing.

Reddwarf

The problem with TSDoctor not terminating has definitly something to do with permissions, if I run the service as locas system account it won't terminate.

Reddwarf

Would it be possible to have a setting to set TSDoctor's priority class? As of now it runs with NORMAL priority and that chokes my computer and prevents playing back other recordings while TSDoctor is processing.

Cypheros

Yes, but only with the GUI. In the menu you will find under Settings the entry "Priority" to change the priority class.

jeffski10

Just to update - I've loaded the latest version and now it now closes properly in a scheduled task. Thanks for resolving this.

Reddwarf

Zitat von: Cypheros am Juni 16, 2012, 22:45:49
Yes, but only with the GUI. In the menu you will find under Settings the entry "Priotrity" to change the priority class.
Comskip has a setting called PlayNice, it defines the number of milliseconds that it should sleep between each frame it processes to easen the strain on the cpu. A similar setting in TSDoctor (for batch processing) would be most welcome  :)

www.cypheros.de